Why Become A Member? Additional Ways To Save With PetPlus
Typical Annual Savings For Your Pet
|Typical Annual Cost||$40||$190||$95||$112||$200|
|PetPlus Annual Cost||$12||$110||$55||$68||$150|
|Sample Annual PetPlus Savings||$28||$80||$40||$44||$50|
We're Here to Help You Every Step of the Way
$242 / YRJOIN NOW
|Wholesale Prices on Pet Medication & Supplements|
|25% Off Vet Visits & Treatments|
|Wholesale Prices on RX & Premium Foods and Treats|
|Convenient Medication Pickup Option|
|Free Delivery on Medication|
|$50 Off Your First Dog Sitter Booking & More Benefits|
Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat infections in that are caused by susceptible bacteria. This drug, classified as a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, is a prescription drug and can only be obtained from a veterinarian or by prescription from a veterinarian. This drug is not approved for use in animals by the Food and Drug Administration, but can be prescribed legally by veterinarians as an extra-label drug.
Who's Ciprofloxacin For?
- Used to treat a variety of infections, including skin, urinary tract, respiratory, and wound infections caused by susceptible bacteria.
- There is an ear formulation used to treat ear infections and an eye formulation for ocular infections
- While ciprofloxacin is highly effective, some bacteria are restraint to its effects
- Not effective for treating infections caused by viruses, parasites, or molds
Side Effects and Warnings
- Ciprofloxacin should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug
- Young animals treated with ciprofloxacin can develop damage to the cartilage of their joints. Swollen joints are clinical signs that may be observed.
- This drug should not be administered to puppies, as those between the ages of four and 28 weeks are the most susceptible
- Occasionally, some animals develop diarrhea or loose stools from ciprofloxacin
- Ciprofloxacin may interact with other medications, including theophylline, antacids, iron supplements, sucralfate, cyclosporine and various other antibiotics.
- Consult with your veterinarian to determine if other drugs your pet is receiving could interact with ciprofloxacin, regarding any allergies your pet may have, or any other side effects of this medication
Use as directed by your veterinarian
Need Help? Call 1-866-893-0306