There is something uniquely terrifying about not being able to catch your breath. Like us, our pets can suffer from conditions that hinder breathing. Talk to your veterinarian about Terbutaline, a generic for Brethine prescribed for asthma, collapsing trachea, chronic allergic bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Terbutaline works by relaxing the airways which makes breathing easier.
Key Benefits of Terbutaline
- Assists breathing in specific airway diseases
- Relaxes the airways making breathing easier
- Generic for Brethine
Side Effects and Warnings
- Terbutaline should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug.
- Should be used cautiously in animals with diabetes, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), animals taking thyroid supplement (L-thyroxine) or those with a seizure disorder or epilepsy.
- Avoid if any heart rhythm abnormalities are present.
- Terbuatine may interact with other medications.
- Consult with your veterinarian to determine if other drugs your pet is receiving could interact with terbutaline, such as certain antidepressants and anesthetics.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Read the Medication Guide for Terbutaline