About Methylprednisolone (4 mg Tablets)
Methylprednisolone is a steroid class drug used to reduce swelling and decrease the body's immune response. Methylprednisolone is used to treat many conditions including inflammation, lupus, allergy, asthma, colitis, and certain forms of kidney disease, however, methylprednisolone may be used for purposes other than those listed.
Key Benefits of Methylprednisolone (4 mg Tablets)
- Used for a variety of conditions including allergies, inflammation, lupus, colitis, and certain forms of kidney disease
- Reduces swelling and decreases the body's immune response
- Can be used for dogs and cats
Methylprednisolone (4 mg Tablets) Ingredients
Active ingredient: Methylprednisolone 4 mg
Other ingredients: Colloidal Silicone Dioxide, Cornstarch, Lactose (anhydrous), magnesium stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium starch glycolate, Stearic Acid
Side Effects and Warnings
- Various side effects can occur. Be sure to tell your veterinarian what medications you are giving to your pet.
- Do not stop giving methylprednisolone suddenly if you have been giving the medication to your pet for a few weeks. A gradual reduction in dosage may be needed. Give methylprednisolone with food to prevent stomach upset.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Methylprednisolone (4 mg Tablets) Directions
Give this medication exactly as directed by your veterinarian. Do not give more or less than your veterinarian has prescribed. If you do not understand the directions, ask your pharmacist or veterinarian to explain them to you. Allow plenty of water for your pet to drink. Give methylprednisolone with food to prevent stomach upset. Do not stop giving methylprednisolone suddenly if you have been giving the medication to your pet for a few weeks.
Read the Medication Guide for Methylprednisone here.